Friday 11 May 2012

Friday 11th May - 5am start

Yesterday after work i went to a lecture on root canal treatment with Wyatt (my work colleague). It didn't finish until 8.30pm so i was pretty tired, especially after a long day in work! Gaz spent the evening at Diggers entering a poker tournament there. He said the players were rubbish...yet they still beat him so I've had fun ridiculing him for that.

I have spent most of my time the past few evenings editing another video of our weekend in Sydney. 2 hours of video footage to get through! Ive managed to narrow it down to 9 minutes of action packed fun to music. This morning i was up at 5am to drive to see angie as Ellen was giving me a 6am lesson. Ellen is away this weekend and i haven't had a lesson all week. I wanted to make sure i wasn't doing any thing wrong on Angie. When i got up to the yard at 5.30am most of the horses were lying down sleeping. Angie was awake and standing and gave her excited neigh when she heard me call her. She worked very nicely for me during the lesson and Ellen is impressed with how well she behaves. By the time i finished up the yard, i didn't have time to eat any breakfast so i quickly showered and went straight to work. i couldn't wait for lunch time...but i had a very difficult extraction that turned into a surgical and i couldn't finish it as it all got  bit messy so I've had to refer her...i think she hates me but i didn't charge her for an hour of my time as i felt a bit bad! I've had a rubbish day...i went to insert a crown i had made for someone...he bit down and the crown popped on very nicely...but the trouble is i couldn't get it off to cement it on!!! Ive told hint o try eating a sticky toffee to pull it off but he didn't come back so I'm assuming it still hasn't come off!!! The crown fit the tooth very well...im worried he's going to swallow it now!!!

The good news is i have another day off tomorrow as there weren't enough patients to fill me book so they felt it best we just close the surgery for the day. Yay! I get to see Angie instead and she's having her hooves trimmed so I'm glad ill be there for that.

The weather has been lovely here. Not been so cold in the evenings as it was last week and int he day its been like a hot summers day in the uk.

Hopefully tomorrow gaz will get out on the kayak...i might go with him as it might actually force him to go out and do it otherwise he will get all caught up on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment