Thursday 21 June 2012

Thursday 21st june - poker night

Gaz and i have been to Diggers to have a meal with Em and Nathan. Ive left Gaz there as he is now playing poker with Nathan amongst a sea of older women. It was a nice meal and nathan introduced us to one of his friends, Mick...its always nice to meet someone new. I had the day off work today. Its been pretty stressful this week as for some reason Pacific Smiles are struggling to get patients to fill the books. It isn't just our centre that is struggling, its all over but my book is doing worse than Wyatts. I counted up how many check ups Wyatt has this week...i counted 27. I counted how many i have....5. I pointed out to the girls doing the bookings this and was told 'its because wyatt would have seen these people before so we rebook them with him'...when i went back to check if he had seen them before, 21 patients were new patients...i thought this was a little unfair so I've brought it to everyones attention just so they know to even it out a little bit more! It was nice having the day off today. Gaz was up and out of bed before me for the first time....well ever?! He couldn't believe how cold it was and had all the heating going...now he knows what i have to deal with! It wasn't like he was up very early, he got out of bed at 7.45am as he had a poker lesson on at 8am. Whilst he was having a coaching session on the computer, i went for a run. I ran for 30 minutes around the beach and past all the nice houses here. It was beautiful weather for it. The past week we have had lovely sunshine! I came back and gaz was still being coached so i went up to see Angie and shovelled some poo from her field until it was time for my lesson at 1pm. Angie is improving all the time. Whilst shovelling the poo, i took some hay to the field for Angie. I felt bad because all the other horses were looking longingly at Angie eating her hay. Ive also been paying Ellen to take Angies rug off int he mornings so she can have the day int he sunshine with it off, and then put it back on when it gets cold int he evenings. No one else seems to take the rugs off their horses and they all look so hot int hem! I rang gaz to see how his coaching session was and he was still going! he paid the guy for 90 minutes but ended up having 4 hours of coaching!!! thats what i call getting your monies worth!

So yesterday my friend from the gym back home, Adam, sent me a training plan to help promote his business. Basically i took some before photos, and I'm keeping a video diary of my progress, and he's given me exercises to do for the next 4 weeks and then ill take some after photos. The idea is for there to be some improvement so he can show it to potential clients. Im very excited! Unfortunately i can't coax gaz into doing any exercise which is a shame as he's getting very lazy. Im hoping maybe our new friend nathan can get him out to do some kayaking/surfing or running!

Im still doing research on cars. Ian pointed out that i might want to consider a ute (SUV) and put a canopy over the back so as not to get the whole car dirty if I'm to be transporting hay, horse feed, dogs etc...I didn't really think much into it until on the weekend, after test driving the pathfinder and challenger, i went to pick some feed up for Angie and treated her to a bale of hay. The hay has made an awful mess in the boot of the car! i don't want my new car to be getting trashed with hay and wet dogs. (yes i think we will get a dog when we come back out). I have therefore done further research in to the toyota hilux....but way too out of my price range and apparently a little out dated now compared to other suv's around...the ford ranger which has had very very good reviews....but out of my price range...the nissan nirvana....dont like it....the mitusbishi triton has poor reviews, the new holden colorado...new on the market, in my price range but average reviews....and the mazda bt-50. I think after all the research I've done, I'm aiming towards the mazda BT-50 utility XT Hi rider automatic diesel 2wd which is 39,672AUD brand new but I've seen a 1 year old model going for 33,000. This is more in my price range and has had good reviews (unless any one can prove me wrong). I do like the idea of buing an SUV and putting a canopy over the back.


1 comment:

  1. I've been looking at the Mazda and it seems to be a great vehicle. Other than a few changes it's a Ford Ranget with different clothes. Should be ideal for the horse box.

    ReplyDelete