Friday 25 November 2011

Friday 25th November - Exciting day!

Gaz's parents have returned today after their long drive up the east coast of aus from Canberra. It is really nice to have them back and its a real shame they are only here for 2 nights. Both gaz and i are really going to miss them...even though they havent been with us the past week, knowing we would see them again this weekend was something to look forward to. It will be really sad when they leave.

This morning i had my hair cut. I am very pleased with it as the guy who cut it didnt take too much off the length as i explained i am trying to grow it. I also went and had my legs waxed as my legs were getting hairier than Gaz's! Gaz spent the morning on the computer and again, he did very well. He has had an excellent month and is very pleased.

I had an interview this afternoon with a private dental practice around the corner from home - Aura dental practice. I knew as soon as i walked in i liked the place and i took an instant like to the practice manager, Matt and his pregnant wife, Elizabeth. They are an english couple and Liz qualified in cardiff and even worked 2 years at the hervey bay dental clinic where i am now. They were a very chilled couple and made me feel very welcome and comfortable and they told me there and then in the interview that they thought i would fit in really well at the practice. They asked what my weak points were in dentistry...i said complete dentures....which was great because they dont do dentures at this practice! they refer :D they like the fact i can do impacted wisdom teeth and i had Liz in stitches when she asked 'what is the most crazy thing you have ever done?'. Being put on the spot, the only time i could think of, which i said i probabley shouldnt be saying in an interview, was when my friend and i stole a trolly from tescos in university, dressed as santa claus (it was christmas) and drove it to the fish and chip shop...Liz found it very funny and it reminded her of the things she used to get up to in Uni. The practice is amazing...its only 2 years old so all the equipment is pretty new...intra oral cameras built into the dental chairs and my surgery would be brand new...and suitable for me being left handed! they have the latest x ray equipment with cone beam imaging so we can get 3D images of teeth/bone.  The practice is all about relaxation and as Matt said 'putting the patient first'. It is exactly how i would want my surgery to be...the waiting room is called the 'relaxation room'. They have these comfy black chairs with a big water feature in the corner, soothing music and on a big flat screen tv, they have a video of fish that has been filmed...it was lovely to watch! Overall i was very impressed with the whole atmosphere and lay out of the practice...it was almost exactly how i have imagined i would want my dental practice to look like! They said that they are looking to open the 4th surgery a few months after christmas. they said the first 2 months is when people have paid school fees and after xmas, they have no money so the work load dries up a bit. They said they are deffinately interested in having me work there, but they dont know when it will be. If by the time my contract finishes end of feb they still dont need me, i have a few options to consider if i need to fill some time before starting at Aura.

Gaz, Chris, Ian and I have all just got back from a bbq by the beach in our usual spot. The weather has got very window and even a few spots of rain fell. We need a big storm to clear the air a bit! We are all chilling before chris and ians last full day with us tomorrow which Gaz intends to get up early to go fishing with his dad. i hope the weather is good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment