Tuesday 4 October 2011

Tuesday 4th October

A strange day of interesting patients today so was glad to get work over with. I managed to numb a patient up ready to take a tooth out whilst waiting for the x ray to develop (trying to be time efficient). When the x ray was put up, it appeared the tooth behind the one i was about to take out had the problem. As the patient was already numb, we couldnt test which tooth was the cause of the pain, therefore she has to come back in on friday. OOPS! At least i didnt start taking the wrong tooth out.

My radiation licence enables me to press the button to take an x ray. I had a letter today saying the QLD radiation unit are declining giving me a radiation licence because my qualification (BDS Cardiff University) is not recognised over here. they gave me a list of what IS recognised (BDS Wales being included). I had to ring up the radiation unit to inform them that in the year i graduated, the dentists merged from BDS Wales into Cardiff Unitversity, therefore there is no such thing as BDS Wales any more. The woman was a little rude and didnt really understand so i went to the director in work and he seems to have sorted it. Little things like this really frustrate me!


After work i went to the gym. Gaz didnt join me because hes worried he will have another reaction again (excuses!) I managed half hour of cardio and then came home to a lovely steak sandwich cooked by Gaz. We spoke to Enid, Gaz's Nana on skype. It was really nice to see her and she had a grand tour of the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment