Monday 16 April 2012

Monday 16th April - flat battery

yesterday i was up at the stables bright and early so that i could lunge angie in the morning and then go buy all her shampoo and grooming essentials. She worked very well for me and was very calm and pleasant when bathing. She wasn't phased by the hose pipe and i think she enjoyed having her tail brushed. She lifted her legs one by one for me to pick out the hooves and gave the occasional little snort to show she was content. I spent most of the day up with her and then returned home and went for food with gaz to our new favourite place, Diggers. It was hot and sunny yesterday and for mod tof today the sun shone but this evening has gone very wet! I went up to see Angie this morning and take her rug off her (as it did pour int he night). I sat in the car to have a chat with my new tax man who was recommended to me by the other dentist where i work...to be fair, he seems pretty on the ball and after all the mess I've had with trying to get an ABN number, he's managed to get one for me in a few hours! He's also on the ball about claiming money back for things so i figure he will be a worthwhile asset.

I had a lesson with Angie this evening. Ellen has been away all weekend and was very surprised to see such a calm horse before her! we have progressed with the lunging work and ellen showed me how to place ropes from the horses bit to a 'roller' (a bit like a girth that goes around their tummy) and to tie the rope with gentle pressure on the horses mouth...with the aim of the horse rounding their neck down and in to their chest slightly. The idea of this is to give better balance to the horse, better movement and it arches their back so that it is strengthened and can take more weight. Angie has a lot to learn but after the schooling session we went through some basic behavioural lessons i should be doing with angie...for instance teaching her the world 'back' and 'forward' and to turn in certain ways when pressure is applied...im learning an awful lot with ellen...its great learning for both angie and me! The next time i will be able to get up the stables and see angie is thursday after work where ellen will give me another lunging lesson. Its still too early to be riding angie (although she's had people riding her before)...if I'm going to make a good dressage horse out of her, we need to get the basics right first without a rider...hence why we are only lunging. Next week i have changed my hours in work to accommodate me being able to get up to the stables more often.

oh and when i went to start the car, the battery had died...i must have been talking too long with the door open and the lights on...i don't know for sure but ellen had to jump start me. I went to a local garage and they tested the battery but they said it all seemed fine. We are going to purchase one of those mobile battery and spark plugs you can put in the car boot.

Gaz has had an excellent day on the computer but didn't get to go fishing as it started raining a lot earlier in salamander bay than where i was with angie. He even cooked me dinner bless him!

No comments:

Post a Comment