Wednesday 18 April 2012

Wednsday 18th April - my birthday!

Yesterday it rained non stop and Angie didn't have a rug on. Although it is raining, it isn't cold here and therefore the rug i got her is a little thick still for this time of year and is more of a winter rug for this area. I therefore didn't have anything more lightweight to put on her so Ellen very kindly dug out a canvas rug for me that i could use. After work i drove straight up to see Angie. She sees me coming and walks right up to me - its very cute! She was happily led down the fields to the stables where she was able to get out of the rain for an hour. I gave her a feed which she really enjoyed and then put the canvas rug on that Ellen has leant us. Its only for 2 days as i have ordered her a lovely caribu canvas rug which she will look lovely in.

Today was my birthday and Gaz was up at 7am to wish me happy birthday. I opened my cards and presents in bed before heading off to work. thank you to everyone who sent me a card and birthday wishes! Work was pretty miserable as it still hasn't stopped raining and the patients were really annoying. I was happy to finish work today! Gaz came to pick me up and on the way home we saw a little cockatoo hobbling around on the pavement. We watched him for a long while and decided he wasn't very well. gaz rung the bird rescue place and they told us to catch him and take him to the vets which was literally around the corner. We did just that...gaz chucked his jacket over the bird...i could see two girls in the distance wondering what the hell was going on and whether we were kidnapping this poor bird. The poor thing must have been very scared and continuously pecked at gazs fingers. we got hint to he vet where they will look after him.

Back int he house, gaz had been to the bakery and bought me a chocolate cake and had the cake lady sprinkle little hearts all over it...so cute! he even got me a '2' and '5' shaped candles and put them on the cake. Very thoughtful! After cake we ordered a dominos pizza...yum yum. we scoffed the lot. I'm not looking up personal trainers in the area! lol. tomorrow i have a schooling lesson with ellen and angie..i hope it stops raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment