Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunday 5th February - Fitness day 2

Gaz and i are both sticking to the fitness/healthy eating thing rather well...though it is only day 2 and will be interesting to see how long we last. I was up this morning for my riding lesson which confused a very tired, confuzzled gareth who thought i was going for a run. I had every intention to go for a run this morning before my riding lesson but as i turned to get out of bed at 5.30am, my legs were so sore i couldn't actually move. Not wanting to over do things, i re-set the alarm for 8am before my lesson. I had a great lesson on Buddy who behaved very well (as always). The sad thing is, we have been banned from riding in the bush now as the farmer feels we 'do gooders' are to blame for the kangaroo shooting getting out of hand? The farmer didn't appreciate it all being in the papers so is now punishing us for it. What a (inset expletive here).

I got home and gaz was playing on the computer. Today he did well so is happy that he is now on a positive for the month, rather than a negative. I tried ringing Aura today to see if they had decided if they want me or not seeing as they hadn't replied to my email...they didn't answer the phone, nor respond to my answer phone message so I'm taking it as a 'no we don't need you' so i will carry on looking elsewhere. There are plenty of jobs in Aus for dentists, it just sucks that we may have to leave the house which we love, and leave the people who have become our friends. We really like it here...Our last option of staying in hervey Bay is to ask work if i can stay on for another 5 months....they may or may not let me. It will mean changing my visas but it could work...i am going to see the man in charge tomorrow. If they say no....well, then we have to move.

Gaz and i went for a walk on the beach tonight. It was lovely...weve heard about all the snow  back home....well its 20 something degrees here, hot and sunny. It did Gaz good to get out of the house...he becomes a bit of a recluse shut away in the bedroom! He tells people i don't let him out lol.

Ive just don't my 45min training session...loved it! I can now hear Gaz punching the crap out of the punchbag..angry man!

Day 2 of healthy eating is going well. Im going for the little and often approach having breakfast cereal at 8am, piece of fruit at 10am, lunch such as chicken breast and salad at 1, piece of fruit at 4, meat/veg stew at 6 and yoghurt at 8 after training (as well as a protein shake). Gaz has been going for the 2 big meals a day - a huge bowl of cereal at lunch time and a 300g chicken breast and salad for dinner, protein shake after training. Will be interesting to see if either of these diets work. Its really cool that we are both being 'good' though as it makes it so much easier to eat healthy when there isn't chocolate lying around or one of us is wanting to eat out.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't sound as though Aura have got their act together, even if they do come up with a yes at this stage. I just wonder what their organisation is like. Good luck with the job search.

    ReplyDelete