Thursday 22 March 2012

Thursday 22nd march - Jack

Work was great again today. Im not quite as on the ball yet as i was in hervey bay though and I've made 2 very stupid mistakes with regards to taking a tooth out on 2 people, both of whom are at risk of osteonecrosis...one of which i warned about but didn't give antibiotics for which i should have and the other i didn't realise what drug she was taking until i looked back at her medical history when she had left. I feel really stupid and fingers crossed the sockets will heal ok without the antibiotics but I've managed to find my little checklist of things i had in hervey bay that i used to look at if people were on certain drugs. I need to be more careful in the future. They couldn't find me any patients for the last hour so i got to go home early...i didn't mind as they have filled my book for tomorrow and my half day on saturday...they did warn me it will tai about 3 weeks to get a constant patient flow so i wasn't expecting to have as many patients as i do atm anyway. All of my patients have been lovely so far :)

Gaz has had yet another bad day on the computer although he has had an eventful day! the police called around this morning asking if our car had been stolen. Gaz was very alarmed but it turns out the previous tenants still had their car registered to our address. The policemen saw gaz's computer and started asking him about what he was playing. The electrician also came over and told us our stove was rubbish but it was working and the smoke was from all the cleaning product that has been used to clean the oven.

When i got home i saw Jack, our next door neighbour putting the bins out. I went out to put our bin out and gaz came...we had a nice long chat with jack - he's lovely! he has invited gaz out with his friends fishing and said their circle of friends and his daughters mates have social gatherings and he said he would let us know when he next one was so that we could go over there and join them. it will be a good way to meet new people! I asked jack if we could borrow his shears so that gaz could cut our hedge out the back garden. Jack looked pleased as he said he had been looking at the hedge and was going to offer to cut it for us anyway. He told gaz to call round when he's going to cut the hedge and jack will go help him! very nice of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment