Friday 12 August 2011

Friday 12th August


We are sat in Singapore airport writing this blog. We had no problems boarding the plane at London, Heathrow, but we did sit in someone else’s seat by accident. Oops. The Singapore Airline A380 airbus was amazing. The leg room was ample, the chair went back considerably and the horizontal part of the chair pushed forward when the vertical portion reclined, making sleeping on the plane a whole lot more comfortable. The Air hostesses were petite, very beautiful Singaporean women (and some men) but they smiled throughout the whole flight (a bit different to easy jet!). The entertainment was brilliant as we each had our own screens that had a good selection of films, games and you could even make a playlist of songs to listen to. I started watching Midnight in Paris but it bored me so I watched ‘Water for Elephants’. Enjoyed this film and even managed to stay awake to the end! Gaz watched Thor. To my excitement, there were even episodes of The Inbetweeners! The food was OK, both Gaz and I were too tired to really eat. I did get excited when they dished out the Haagen Daz ice cream though!

Gaz slept through most of the flight and the old lady behind him said to me, “I wish I could sleep like that on a plane!”. I gazed over to see Gaz looking comatosed almost dribbling out of his mouth. I commented, “hmm yeh, looks like he’s been drugged.” Both Gaz and I were groggy with one another when getting off the plane. We looked for the pool but it is about a 20min walk away in Terminal 1. Unfortunately we are in Terminal 3 but I did have the chance to pay for a well needed shower to freshen up. I felt much better afterwards (and smelt better too). The airport is renound for being the best airport in the world in terms of what there is to see and do here. The showers were right next door to a butterfly garden. It was boiling in the butterfly house but I managed to get snapping lots of pictures…Gaz waited outside for me after a while as I had got carried away.

We are now sat side by side opposite the boarding gate, waiting patiently to board so we can go back to sleep!  



No comments:

Post a Comment