Monday 29 August 2011

Monday 29th August - First day of work

After snuggling up in bed last night we heard the clucking noise from Bob (the gecko) in the garage.
"Awww yay Bobs back!" i shrieked, rather excited to think the little gecko chooses our garage to carry out his night time shenanigans. "Gaz does Bob eat ants?" i questioned..."probabley." Gaz replied. And then it occurred to us that we have just poisoned the ants and we were gonna have one sick Bob if he went near them. I feared for Bobs safety. But alas, the ants are all gone and we heard Bob chatting away earlier so ants cant be his thing. but if he isnt eating ants...then WHAT is he eating?! And what is in our garage that is so tasty? I dread to think!

Today was my first day in work. 6.45am my alarm rang and i dragged myself out of bed, enviously leaving Gareth cuddled up in the duvet. So jealous! It felt like my first day in school. All these new faces...some people really made the effort to talk to me...others just bypassed me. I did keep getting introduced to one poor girl over and over. Everytime she walked past me someone would go 'hey Marina, have you met Vicky?'. After about the fifth meeting of Marina, we pretended we didn't know each other and just humoured the whole greeting process again. Today in work was very boring...yet essential. I sat in a room with the new director of Queensland Health (Malcolm) and Ammit (Seniour clinician) and we went through all the health and safety, protocols etc etc. It took alllll day and by the end of it i stopped listening and started thinking about dinner. After work Gaz met me on the corner from work and we went to buy the ingredients for tonights spag bol which Gaz cooked for me. He did have bad news for me...it would appear that we have been driving around with the wrong registration on the car! Let me explain...

The car dealer rung Gaz and said the people who rego'd the car had registered it as one liscence number but given the wrong car plates. this therefore means our insurance would not have covered the car so we have more or less been driving an uninsured car for the past few days! The dealer is coming around tomorrow to give us the correct plates and poor Gaz has to ring up the insurance and HOPEFULLY there will be no administration fee to change the reg.

After a delicious dinner, Gaz downloaded planet of the apes film...in less than 35mins can i add! We have 17MB of download speed! 







1 comment:

  1. i'm sure it'll all get sorted. Glad to hear the ants are an ex problem.

    ReplyDelete