Monday 12 September 2011

Monday 12th September - What a day

Gaz and i have both had a rubbish day today. Gaz's day went bad playing on the computer and i had a day of patients screaming at me and not letting me do any treatment on them...both kids AND adults! To top the day off, the senior dentist handed out the roster for who is on call over the next few months. It was agreed i would be on call once every 10 weeks....so on 17th of November, as planned, i will be on call again. However im a little bit mythed as to why the following month i am on call over christmas. I am scheduled to be on call from 22nd - 29th december so yes, im working christmas eve and christmas day. what a load of s*it!!!! How fairly was that chosen? Not at all! Basically coz im new and buggering off in February...(which i am DEFINITELY buggering off now)...the senior dentist must have thought oh well,  let her work christmas. There is no point complaining about it as 1. it wont get changed and 2. someone has to do it...and i guess if we had all sat down fairly around a table and discussed who wants to work christmas, i may even have put myself forward but for one person to have so much power to decide all this themselves, i think its bollocks. There doesnt even say anything about being on call on my contract, it was just landed upon me when i arrived like so many other things. Crap like this makes me even more determined to one day have my own practice so that I can be in charge and people can work for me...im getting a little fed up of badly organised work places.

Gaz had dinner on the table when i got home - very spicy chicken stir fry with veg. So hot it burnt a lining of our mucosa off from the inside of our mouths, nevertheless, it was very yummy! We have been in the computer room watching episodes of extras and futurama...of course i fell asleep lol.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. It doesn't seem fair! Don't think there's a lot you can do about it. I agree with you about being in control of your own destiny. Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bit mean.never mind the same happened to adam and gemma!

    ReplyDelete