Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tuesday 6th September - Gaz caught a fish!

Sleepy Gaz slept. I worked.

I came home at lunch time and Gaz had been doing well playing on the computer so he treated himself in the afternoon to some time off and went fishing. He was very excited to have caught his first fish...yet very disheartened at the guy next to him who confiscated the thing and killed it. Apparently it was a 'toady' which are pests and must be killed?

Work was very busy but i survived. I was taken around Hervey Bay Hospital and shown where to go for when im 'on call'. Sorry, what was that? On call you say? When was i ever meant to be on call?! No one had informed me but..well...SURPRISE! on thursday im on call! this means for a week i have a pager and if it goes off, i have to drive to Hervey Bay Hospital to attend to whatever situation is in need of a dentist. I dont feel confident yet at being on call as if people need advice, i have only been in work for what will be a week on thursday and i am not up to scratch with the protocols in Aus! Im not even allowed to write prescriptions yet as my performers number hasnt come through yet. this could be a fun week on call! yikes!

This evening I cooked us kangaroo tacos. The kangaroo mince has to be cooked thoroughly as they reckon there could be worms in the meat...i tried not to focus too much on that thought. It tasted yummy though! We are going to snuggle up and watch a film now :D

3 comments:

  1. Isn't life interesting! Will you have any back up when you're on call? Kangaroo worms sound interesting, perhaps they add to the flavour! Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope no back up - its me on my own! xxx

    ReplyDelete